Auckland’s council-owned water company, Watercare, has spent nearly $40,000 for a membership with the libertarian think tank, The New Zealand Initiative. Stuff reveals the spending came to light as Watercare proposed delaying some major projects and hiking water prices by 7 per cent, to offset an Auckland Council-wide budget squeeze over the next few years. Watercare says it hasn’t yet considered whether it will renew its membership this year.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions