According to a Herald report, trucks travelling north were turned back to Auckland after being told Northport would cease ceasing container operations over the weekend. Twelve hundred shipping containers were offloaded at Northport because of congestion at Ports of Auckland. Eight hundred heavy trucks were needed to start moving them back down south. National Road Carriers chief executive, David Aitken, said they’ve been told travel won’t resume again until Monday, because the staff were fatigued and needed to rest.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor