A couple have been left shaken after a near 30-metre tall tree came crashing down on their car as they were driving down a Mt Eden street in Auckland on Sunday morning, reports the Herald. Jo Hal, a Mt Eden resident, said it was just a matter of time before an incident like this happened, noting many of the trees in the area were over-grown and were dangerous to traffic, but Auckland Council had done nothing about it. The Herald contacted Auckland Council for comment and was awaiting a response.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions