A couple have been left shaken after a near 30-metre tall tree came crashing down on their car as they were driving down a Mt Eden street in Auckland on Sunday morning, reports the Herald. Jo Hal, a Mt Eden resident, said it was just a matter of time before an incident like this happened, noting many of the trees in the area were over-grown and were dangerous to traffic, but Auckland Council had done nothing about it. The Herald contacted Auckland Council for comment and was awaiting a response.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor