An Auckland suburb previously labelled “Third World” is being revitalised with more than $600 million in developments planned over the next 15 years. Stuff reports that West Auckland’s Avondale is now considered the city’s next up-and-coming suburb, with council and private sectors starting to take notice. New residential developments, as well as a new community centre and library are planned for Avondale.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions