Auckland Council has made some temporary changes to the campground at Les Waygood Park, Piha, to help reduce the risk from potential flooding as it moves into the busy summer season. As a precautionary measure, the council has worked with United North Piha Surf Life Saving Club, who holds a lease over the camping ground, to suspend any camping in the area, with other safer areas established. The club will continue its normal daytime activities in the lower area.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions