Construction teams have packed up tools and cleared away the cones in Takapuna, as the Hurstmere Road enhancement project takes a pause to make way for the busy summer period. Auckland Council reports that all machinery and equipment has been removed from Hurstmere Road. When the project resumes in early May, it will focus on the four remaining sections either side of Hurstmere Green to widen footpaths, install new street furniture and lighting and complete the contra-flow cycleway. Councillor Richard Hills says that the construction pause, although disappointing, was a pragmatic solution to the financial challenge presented by COVID-19.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions