Auckland Council has confirmed that all seven council-owned splashpads across Tāmaki Makaurau will be open over summer for kids and their whānau to enjoy. “Kids love water play,” says Councillor Alf Filipaina, Chairperson of Auckland Council’s Parks, Arts, Communities and Events Committee. “We are aware that 2020 has been an exceptionally tough time… so allowing them to have some fun at our splashpads and enjoy themselves is important.” Due to Auckland’s water crisis, the opening of splashpads will be delayed two weeks, and facilities will run on reduced operating hours.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions