NZ Herald has reported that the average Auckland household can expect to pay an extra $230 in rates and water charges next year. The higher rates and hints of higher water bills are set out in Mayor Phil Goff’s “mayoral proposal” for a new 10 year budget that comes into effect on July 1 next year. The Recovery Budget, as he is calling it, is in response to a $1 billion hole in the budget over four years (from the impact of COVID-19), whilst also trying to maintain and renew community assets as well as respond to climate change.
- Aucklanders warned against swimming at Oakley Creek waterfall
- Brian Tamaki bail appeal: Will be released from prison ‘very shortly’
- Warning for consumers after spike in food poisoning from undercooked shellfish
- Seal pup rescued from Westfield train depot
- Kiwi doctors use high-speed genetic testing to diagnose critically-ill Auckland baby