NZ Herald has reported that the average Auckland household can expect to pay an extra $230 in rates and water charges next year. The higher rates and hints of higher water bills are set out in Mayor Phil Goff’s “mayoral proposal” for a new 10 year budget that comes into effect on July 1 next year. The Recovery Budget, as he is calling it, is in response to a $1 billion hole in the budget over four years (from the impact of COVID-19), whilst also trying to maintain and renew community assets as well as respond to climate change.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor