NZ Herald has reported that the average Auckland household can expect to pay an extra $230 in rates and water charges next year. The higher rates and hints of higher water bills are set out in Mayor Phil Goff’s “mayoral proposal” for a new 10 year budget that comes into effect on July 1 next year. The Recovery Budget, as he is calling it, is in response to a $1 billion hole in the budget over four years (from the impact of COVID-19), whilst also trying to maintain and renew community assets as well as respond to climate change.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid