Aucklanders say they’ve been left in the dark after a recent school fire in Ponsonby spread asbestos through their neighbourhood, reports Stuff. The council originally said there were no risks to the neighbourhood, but the following day, some residents received letters from the Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS), advising them to “seek alternative accommodation while your property is remediated.” No date of when the residents could return was given and there had been no guidance or correspondence with any government agencies since, Sheehan St resident Emily Kendall said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions