Aucklanders say they’ve been left in the dark after a recent school fire in Ponsonby spread asbestos through their neighbourhood, reports Stuff. The council originally said there were no risks to the neighbourhood, but the following day, some residents received letters from the Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS), advising them to “seek alternative accommodation while your property is remediated.” No date of when the residents could return was given and there had been no guidance or correspondence with any government agencies since, Sheehan St resident Emily Kendall said.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor