An injured turtle that was rehabilitated at the SEALIFE Kelly Tarlton’s two years ago has returned to the Auckland aquarium for further treatment, says Stuff. A fisherman found Connie the green sea turtle stranded at Rangiputa Beach in Northland – the same region she was rescued from in December 2018 – and alerted the Department of Conservation. She was brought back to the aquarium’s turtle rehabilitation centre, suffering from buoyancy issues. Connie is about 10 to 15 years old and is in a much better condition than when she first arrived at the rehabilitation centre, SEALIFE Kelly Tarlton’s curator Andrew Christie said.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor