One of the city centre’s most historic streets, Emily Place, is set for revitalisation through the Innovating Streets Programme. The Emily Place Pilot has received funding through the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency programme. Auckland Council is leading the pilot in conjunction with the Emily Place community and will trial ways to make the street and reserve safer and more pleasant for the many residents, visitors, and businesses in the area.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor