West Auckland families in need have been given a timely boost this Christmas thanks to support from Henderson-Massey and Waitākere Ranges Local Boards. The boards helped fund the Visionwest ‘five days of Christmas’ event in partnership with Auckland City Mission, which provides support, including food packages and gifts for children as well as budgeting services for about 3000 West Auckland whānau who might have otherwise gone without this Christmas, says Auckland Council.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor