Momoisea Horticulture Services Limited, which supplies workers to orchards around the region, would normally hire locally. But with horticulture growers scrambling to find workers for the coming harvest season, plus the high rate of Auckland redundancies due to Covid-19, this the company has brought in 15 workers from Auckland already. Momoisea has been working closely with places like the Work and Income office in Māngere, Auckland over the last month or so.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions