Momoisea Horticulture Services Limited, which supplies workers to orchards around the region, would normally hire locally. But with horticulture growers scrambling to find workers for the coming harvest season, plus the high rate of Auckland redundancies due to Covid-19, this the company has brought in 15 workers from Auckland already. Momoisea has been working closely with places like the Work and Income office in Māngere, Auckland over the last month or so.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor