A large gang funeral procession involving more than 100 motorcycles and 150 vehicles, caused disruption to the local North Shore community on November 7. Since then, more than 200 infringement notices have been issued, with Inspector Simon Walker, Waitematā East Acting Area Commander, stating that police have been making follow-up inquiries after receiving more than 40 complaints around dangerous driving. Walker reported, “To date, two motorcycles and a car have been impounded by police and our enquiries are continuing to locate and impound others.” Police wanted to acknowledge the North Shore community’s concern around the driving behaviour.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions