A witness has described hearing “huge cracking noises” as a fire broke through the roof of an intermediate school in central Auckland, says Stuff. The blaze started at Ponsonby Intermediate School just after 4.30pm on Tuesday 8 December. Parents have been told the school will be closed on Wednesday 9 December.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor