Inmates at the country’s toughest jail recently took part in a parenting programme called Taonga mō ngā Tamariki – a program which has taught the men how to build and retain positive relationships with their children through reading and game play. RNZ reported that, for a few hours over the weekend, a group of fathers inside Auckland Prison were able to bond with their children, making Christmas gifts and reading together. The men decorated a room with balloons, tinsel, streamers and even a small Christmas tree in preparation for the day.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions