Guests at Pullman Hotel blocked off Princes Street in central Auckland, reports Stuff, after a fire alarm went off about 7.30pm on Saturday. Fire and Emergency attended the scene after reports of smoke and the alarm activation. Staff told everyone to spread out on the grounds outside, and police, as well as the defence force, were at the scene guarding guests and directing traffic. A northern fire communications spokesman said the activation was a false alarm.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor