From Thursday 17 to Sunday 20 December Maungauika/North Head in Devonport will come to life, says Auckland Council, with a festival of art and storytelling that pays respect to Maungauika and the Waitematā. Visitors will discover murals, temporary sound and light installations in the historic defence tunnels, pop-up artist studios, a Hikoi Mai Hikoi Atu (a guided walk of the maunga) led by local Māori Performing Arts Group HIWA, performances, and interactive activities such as Raranga (weaving) workshops, traditional kite-flying, and more. Kai stalls will be positioned at the tihi (summit).
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions