Henderson’s streets will soon come to life with colour and activities designed to make the streets safer. Calling it ‘Henderson Streets for People’, Auckland Council hopes the project will bring colour and vibrancy to the town centre, making it safer for all types of transport moving through the town centre, strengthening transports links, creating more welcoming and people-friendly spaces, and supporting local businesses. It will be delivered by a group of Henderson locals in partnership with Panuku Development Auckland, thanks to funding through the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency’s Innovating Streets Programme.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions