Henderson’s streets will soon come to life with colour and activities designed to make the streets safer. Calling it ‘Henderson Streets for People’, Auckland Council hopes the project will bring colour and vibrancy to the town centre, making it safer for all types of transport moving through the town centre, strengthening transports links, creating more welcoming and people-friendly spaces, and supporting local businesses. It will be delivered by a group of Henderson locals in partnership with Panuku Development Auckland, thanks to funding through the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency’s Innovating Streets Programme.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa