Henderson’s streets will soon come to life with colour and activities designed to make the streets safer. Calling it ‘Henderson Streets for People’, Auckland Council hopes the project will bring colour and vibrancy to the town centre, making it safer for all types of transport moving through the town centre, strengthening transports links, creating more welcoming and people-friendly spaces, and supporting local businesses. It will be delivered by a group of Henderson locals in partnership with Panuku Development Auckland, thanks to funding through the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency’s Innovating Streets Programme.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor