East Auckland MPs have launched a petition calling for funding to be reinstated for the only private 24/7 medical centre in the area as it prepares to close its doors overnight. Stuff reports that the overnight closure – regarded as “short-sighted” and “extremely worrying” by residents – means locals will have no choice but to go to Middlemore Hospital’s emergency department for after-hours medical care. Botany and Pakuranga MPs Christopher Luxon and Simeon Brown said East Care was the busiest overnight service in all of Auckland, and was “critical” to the health of the community.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions