Northport is hitting back against claims that the port had unexpectedly stopped operations and was turning back trucks, says Stuff. On Saturday, the National Road Carriers Association issued an advisory warning on social media that Northport, located at Marsden Point, was ceasing container operations immediately. A Northport spokesman told NZ Herald this statement was completely misleading, and that it had dismayed Northport workers who threw their weight behind an effort to get Christmas goods to Auckland in the midst of severe congestion issues at Ports of Auckland. The well-signalled break was to give operational staff a rest in order to comply with safety standards.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor