Northport is hitting back against claims that the port had unexpectedly stopped operations and was turning back trucks, says Stuff. On Saturday, the National Road Carriers Association issued an advisory warning on social media that Northport, located at Marsden Point, was ceasing container operations immediately. A Northport spokesman told NZ Herald this statement was completely misleading, and that it had dismayed Northport workers who threw their weight behind an effort to get Christmas goods to Auckland in the midst of severe congestion issues at Ports of Auckland. The well-signalled break was to give operational staff a rest in order to comply with safety standards.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions