Para Patrol, a group of mana whenua youngsters, is a group of youngsters leading environmental change and restoring land and waterways of cultural significance to their iwi, Te Ahiwaru, in the local areas of Mangere and Otahuhu. On Saturday, they were named the Penny Hulse Supreme Environment Award winner at this year’s Mayoral Conservation Awards; they also won the Schools and Youth category.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor