Para Patrol, a group of mana whenua youngsters, is a group of youngsters leading environmental change and restoring land and waterways of cultural significance to their iwi, Te Ahiwaru, in the local areas of Mangere and Otahuhu. On Saturday, they were named the Penny Hulse Supreme Environment Award winner at this year’s Mayoral Conservation Awards; they also won the Schools and Youth category.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions