Yet another bout of high winds saw speed restrictions and a warning to take care, issued to Auckland motorists on Tuesday morning, reports the NZ Herald. The bridge has been closed a number of times since mid-September, when freak gusts of up to 127km/h blew a shipping container truck over, damaging a strut at the top of the bridge structure. Road authorities have stopped short of advising whether or not the bridge may be closed temporarily if winds get stronger in the central city area.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions