Yet another bout of high winds saw speed restrictions and a warning to take care, issued to Auckland motorists on Tuesday morning, reports the NZ Herald. The bridge has been closed a number of times since mid-September, when freak gusts of up to 127km/h blew a shipping container truck over, damaging a strut at the top of the bridge structure. Road authorities have stopped short of advising whether or not the bridge may be closed temporarily if winds get stronger in the central city area.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa