A proposal to move Ports of Auckland’s operations to Whangārei remains viable, despite the move’s main backers – NZ First – no longer being in Parliament, a businessman says. According to Stuff, the plan to dock and unload one or more container ships in Northport due to congestion at Ports of Auckland, sparked traffic safety and congestion fears for the road north of Auckland. But Kaitaia businessman Wayne Brown, who headed an inquiry into North Island cargo which supported Auckland port moving north, said it shows the market backs Northport.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor