A proposal to move Ports of Auckland’s operations to Whangārei remains viable, despite the move’s main backers – NZ First – no longer being in Parliament, a businessman says. According to Stuff, the plan to dock and unload one or more container ships in Northport due to congestion at Ports of Auckland, sparked traffic safety and congestion fears for the road north of Auckland. But Kaitaia businessman Wayne Brown, who headed an inquiry into North Island cargo which supported Auckland port moving north, said it shows the market backs Northport.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions