Ports of Auckland has been fined more than half a million dollars, reports RNZ, over a preventable accident that resulted in a worker’s death. Laboom Dyer was critically injured after the container loader he was operating fell over on 27 August 2018 and he later died in hospital. A judge described the 23-year-old’s death as entirely preventable, and a tragedy.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions