Ports of Auckland has been fined more than half a million dollars, reports RNZ, over a preventable accident that resulted in a worker’s death. Laboom Dyer was critically injured after the container loader he was operating fell over on 27 August 2018 and he later died in hospital. A judge described the 23-year-old’s death as entirely preventable, and a tragedy.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa