An Auckland MP is calling for funding to be reinstated for East Care Accident and Medical in Botany, which is cutting its overnight service. The chief executive of East Care Group, Gordon Armstrong, says the clinic has been chronically underfunded for years and can no longer provide a safe level of staffing. Pakuranga MP, Simeon Brown, told RNZ reporter, Adam Jacobson, that the cuts are gutting for the local community.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa