An Auckland MP is calling for funding to be reinstated for East Care Accident and Medical in Botany, which is cutting its overnight service. The chief executive of East Care Group, Gordon Armstrong, says the clinic has been chronically underfunded for years and can no longer provide a safe level of staffing. Pakuranga MP, Simeon Brown, told RNZ reporter, Adam Jacobson, that the cuts are gutting for the local community.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor