NZ Herald reports that worsening gun violence linked to gang turf wars, illicit drugs and organised crime, has left more than 350 people with firearms injuries across Auckland in five years. More than half of the wounded were treated at Middlemore Hospital as violence in South Auckland spilled over into bloodshed. Auckland Mayor Phil Goff has serious concerns about the growing use of firearms. He has written to the Police Minister and will meet Deputy Police Commissioner John Tims next week to discuss how to tackle the spate of shootings and toxic impact of gangs.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions