A business district reeling from the economic impact of Covid-19 could shoulder higher rates until 2031, says Stuff. Auckland Council’s city centre advisory board on Monday voted in favour of extending a rate targeted at commercial property owners. But an expert says costs are likely to be passed down to business owners, resulting in more financial strain for the retail and hospitality sector.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor