Shoppers and staff at a busy Auckland shopping mall watched in horror as two men armed with hammers robbed a jewellery store, smashing their way into display cases. The smash and grab robbery at Michael Hill Jewellers at NorthWest Shopping Centre happened at 9.40am on Monday, reports the Herald. The thieves smashed glass display counters and stole an unknown amount of jewellery before fleeing the mall.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions