The America’s Cup Village for of the 36th America’s Cup has officially opened in Tāmaki Makaura, reports Stuff. The waterfront village is expected to draw up to 25,000 visitors at peak times, with racing due to start within days. City and government leaders, along with members of the four America’s Cup teams and Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei, took part in a 90-minute opening ceremony that followed an earlier dawn service.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions