A new report commissioned by Auckland Transport shows Aucklanders’ uptake of public transport is low, with the car remaining their preferred means of getting to and from work. Public transport accounts for over half of all the commuter trips into the city centre, but that is in direct contrast with those further away from the CBD, particularly in south Auckland. In the city’s outer urban areas, 80 per cent of commuters use a private vehicle.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor