A new report commissioned by Auckland Transport shows Aucklanders’ uptake of public transport is low, with the car remaining their preferred means of getting to and from work. Public transport accounts for over half of all the commuter trips into the city centre, but that is in direct contrast with those further away from the CBD, particularly in south Auckland. In the city’s outer urban areas, 80 per cent of commuters use a private vehicle.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions