Aucklanders are being warned to prepare for possible power cuts as a wet weather system hits the North Island over Tuesday and Wednesday. MetService notes there is “decent potential” for heavy downpours, with up to 25 millimetres of rainfall in an hour – something that hasn’t been recorded in the Auckland region since April 2017.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions