A man has pleaded guilty to causing an estimated $40,000 of damage when he chopped down eight pōhutukawa trees along a suburban street in Karaka, South Auckland. Alexei Leandios Hodder, 40, cut down the trees lining Harbourside Drive on October 25.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor