Brett Henry appealed an order to put down his american pitbull, Mitimiti, after the dog bit a man’s arm in an Auckland park so aggressively the man needed stitches. In his recently released judgment, Justice Simon Moore said Henry had failed to comply with court directions on no fewer than six separate occasions. Another dog, Bro the Husky, will also be euthanised as a result of lost appeals. A separate High Court judgment shows he brutally attacked a small dog, resulting in its death, when on a run with owner Geraldus Regtien.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions