Two late-night Auckland fires are under investigation, with one being treated as suspicious. Firefighters were called to Mt Albert Grammar School just after midnight on Wednesday. The fire was quickly extinguished, but it is being treated as suspicious. A separate incident saw firefighters called to a restaurant complex on Great South Rd, Manukau, about 1.10am. Firefighters found a “well-involved” fire and transmitted a third alarm for more help.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor