A truck engine burst into flames on Great North Road around 8am on Wednesday morning. The fire caused huge delays in commuter traffic and created a gridlock that stretched for nearly 6km from Pt Chev to New Lynn. Emergency services shut down the road in order to douse the fire, and the truck was later towed from the scene.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions