Tourism businesses shed thousands of staff when Covid-19 hit, but now they face a new problem – not enough workers. Chief Executive Chris Roberts has expressed concern that, as tourism revives in New Zealand, the industry may struggle to get people back on board. “There is a risk of labour and skill shortages if we permanently lose staff displaced by COVID-19,” says Roberts.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor