A teenage girl was flown to Auckland City Hospital in critical condition on Sunday evening, after taking a fall down the sand dunes on Auckland’s west coast. The Auckland Westpac Rescue Helicopter performed the rescue flight, and have noted that this isn’t the first time a person has been injured at Bethells Beach. The popular West Auckland beach, with its 15-metre-high dunes, is a favoured spot for sand boarding.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions