An Auckland restaurant manager is being praised after he helped police arrest an alleged offender, when the suspect fled a vehicle crash scene on foot and burst into a Vietnamese Restaurant in Ōtāhuhu looking for an escape. Thuc Vo, one of the restaurant manager’s, stalled the attempted escape by tripping the man and then holding onto him, allowing police to enter the restaurant and place an arrest.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor