An Auckland restaurant manager is being praised after he helped police arrest an alleged offender, when the suspect fled a vehicle crash scene on foot and burst into a Vietnamese Restaurant in Ōtāhuhu looking for an escape. Thuc Vo, one of the restaurant manager’s, stalled the attempted escape by tripping the man and then holding onto him, allowing police to enter the restaurant and place an arrest.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions