A pedestrian has died after being hit by a vehicle in northwest Auckland. Emergency services were called to the scene about 5.31am Thursday, and State Highway 16 was closed between Parkhurst Rd and Kowhai St for about three hours. Police said the pedestrian died at the scene.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions