Emergency services were notified of the crash just after 5pm on Sunday. Upon accessing the vehicle, the sole occupant was found to be deceased. Fire and Emergency New Zealand sent two trucks to the scene, which took place near Queen St, the town’s main thoroughfare. St John’s Ambulance services were also on site.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor