Emergency services were notified of the crash just after 5pm on Sunday. Upon accessing the vehicle, the sole occupant was found to be deceased. Fire and Emergency New Zealand sent two trucks to the scene, which took place near Queen St, the town’s main thoroughfare. St John’s Ambulance services were also on site.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions