Major repair work on Auckland’s worn rail lines has cancelled an upcoming one-off taster of the Te Huia train ride between Hamilton and Auckland, following news KiwiRail must replace a section of the track between Otahuhu and Auckland city. The service was designed to give passengers a tourism experience of the two cities and ramp up excitement about the upcoming commuter train, scheduled to start in February 2021.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions