Major repair work on Auckland’s worn rail lines has cancelled an upcoming one-off taster of the Te Huia train ride between Hamilton and Auckland, following news KiwiRail must replace a section of the track between Otahuhu and Auckland city. The service was designed to give passengers a tourism experience of the two cities and ramp up excitement about the upcoming commuter train, scheduled to start in February 2021.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor