The first privately run rideshare service linking commuters to ferries is being launched in east Auckland. The unsubsidised MyMobigo service, run by Transdev, will use minibuses to connect people on demand, from nearby suburbs such as Howick, and Cockle Bay, with the ferry terminal at Half Moon Bay. In east Auckland, the MyMobigo service will run from November 30, charging $4.50 for adults and $3.50 for children and those on concessions. Bookings and payments will operate through a tailor-made mobile phone app.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor