The first privately run rideshare service linking commuters to ferries is being launched in east Auckland. The unsubsidised MyMobigo service, run by Transdev, will use minibuses to connect people on demand, from nearby suburbs such as Howick, and Cockle Bay, with the ferry terminal at Half Moon Bay. In east Auckland, the MyMobigo service will run from November 30, charging $4.50 for adults and $3.50 for children and those on concessions. Bookings and payments will operate through a tailor-made mobile phone app.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa