Police have caught runaway offender John-Boy Rakete, who beat a man so brutally on a petrol station forecourt that the victim later died. Rakete allegedly cut off his electronically monitored ankle bracelet on November 8, prompting a national police plea for sightings of the 27-year-old. Police believed the man had fled to Auckland, but he was arrested in Dunedin on Tuesday morning, nine days after he fled.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions