Forecasters say a marine heatwave has formed around northern Auckland and Northland, after a big increase in sea surface temperatures last month. Now, thanks to a large low tracking across the Tasman, massive downpours are being predicted, with some regions looking at more 120mm of rain over just a few days. The central North Island looks set to take the biggest hit, with floodwarnings being issued to various regions.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions