From Thursday, masks will be required on public transport in Auckland and on all flights in New Zealand. Police will take an educate-first approach to the new mandate, and enforcement of the rules will be a last resort. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the requirement was currently limited to Auckland due to the city’s population density, its international airport and its high number of managed isolation and quarantine facilities.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions