From Thursday, masks will be required on public transport in Auckland and on all flights in New Zealand. Police will take an educate-first approach to the new mandate, and enforcement of the rules will be a last resort. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the requirement was currently limited to Auckland due to the city’s population density, its international airport and its high number of managed isolation and quarantine facilities.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor