Police are warning of the risks of unregulated trading online via Facebook Marketplace, where a scam combining social media and old-school cheques has seen dozens of Aucklanders duped out of their cars. Nine people have been charged in connection with what has become a common scam in the city, with Facebook urging people to be wary of accepting payments via cheques on its Marketplace section.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor