Police are warning of the risks of unregulated trading online via Facebook Marketplace, where a scam combining social media and old-school cheques has seen dozens of Aucklanders duped out of their cars. Nine people have been charged in connection with what has become a common scam in the city, with Facebook urging people to be wary of accepting payments via cheques on its Marketplace section.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions