Auckland’s managed isolation hotels continue to struggle with a shortage of healthcare workers, due to a switch in employment contracts. Nurses Society director David Wills says the new terms of employment, signed by MIQ healthcare staff last week, are sensible precautions for stopping the spread of Covid-19 and are already agreed with “in principle” by most staff. However, Wills also noted that further restrictions on people’s freedoms is narrowing the pool of potential employees.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions