Auckland’s managed isolation hotels continue to struggle with a shortage of healthcare workers, due to a switch in employment contracts. Nurses Society director David Wills says the new terms of employment, signed by MIQ healthcare staff last week, are sensible precautions for stopping the spread of Covid-19 and are already agreed with “in principle” by most staff. However, Wills also noted that further restrictions on people’s freedoms is narrowing the pool of potential employees.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor