Auckland’s managed isolation hotels continue to struggle with a shortage of healthcare workers, due to a switch in employment contracts. Nurses Society director David Wills says the new terms of employment, signed by MIQ healthcare staff last week, are sensible precautions for stopping the spread of Covid-19 and are already agreed with “in principle” by most staff. However, Wills also noted that further restrictions on people’s freedoms is narrowing the pool of potential employees.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa