Counties Manukau Health says it had to defer between 1400 and 1600 elective surgery operations due to Covid-19 and it is now attempting to reduce the backlog. “In addition to the 2020/21 planned care funding, the government has allocated $282.5 million over three years to address planned care wait lists, including those impacted by Covid-19,” a spokesperson for Counties Manukau DHB says. However, according to the Association of Salaried Medical Specialists (ASMS), it will take years to cut waiting lists.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions