Counties Manukau Health says it had to defer between 1400 and 1600 elective surgery operations due to Covid-19 and it is now attempting to reduce the backlog. “In addition to the 2020/21 planned care funding, the government has allocated $282.5 million over three years to address planned care wait lists, including those impacted by Covid-19,” a spokesperson for Counties Manukau DHB says. However, according to the Association of Salaried Medical Specialists (ASMS), it will take years to cut waiting lists.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor