From 14 December, Auckland residents will be able to use hand-held hoses fitted with trigger nozzles, but are still advised to use water wisely. Between 1 November 2019 and 31 May 2020, Auckland experienced its worst drought on record, receiving only 60 per cent of the normal rainfall and kickstarting stage one water restrictions for the first time since the 1993/4 drought. Comprehensive information on what residents and businesses can do while meeting the terms of the restrictions can be found on the Watercare website.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor