From 14 December, Auckland residents will be able to use hand-held hoses fitted with trigger nozzles, but are still advised to use water wisely. Between 1 November 2019 and 31 May 2020, Auckland experienced its worst drought on record, receiving only 60 per cent of the normal rainfall and kickstarting stage one water restrictions for the first time since the 1993/4 drought. Comprehensive information on what residents and businesses can do while meeting the terms of the restrictions can be found on the Watercare website.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions